' Diane's blog Brings out the passion in You. You're Welcome

Ad 468 X 60

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Widgets

DIANE TO VISITOR: MY DAD SAID I SHOULD TELL YOU HE’S SLEEPING




It was a cool evening. I was 6years then. My siblings and I were in the sitting room watching a Nigerian movie, can’t recall the name but it was very interesting. My parents were in the living room taking after-work rest. Suddenly we heard a knock at the door. All eyes turned towards me, since I was the youngest then, they all expected me to stand up to open the door. 


I stood and pulled the door, behold it was Uncle Uche, my uncle who only came to our house whenever he was hungry. I looked at my siblings behind his back and saw the sighs written all over their faces. “Plz. Not at this time!!”, I heard them whisper silently to each other. Chinedu, my eldest brother told me to go and tell Dad and Mum that Uncle Uche came. I entered their room and saw them lying down and talking. I told them who was calling and they both sighed at once. My dad spoke, “This man sef. Does Nneka his wife never cooks? Everyday disturbance. Diane, tell him that we’re sleeping”. I replied, “Yes sir”. I matched to the Parlour and saw Uncle Uche already sitted, waiting for food. I said to him, “Daddy said I should tell you they are sleeping”. As i said this, my brother Nnamdi giggled. Chinedu squeezed his face, I could tell he was angry. Cynthia, my sister could not control herself, she started laughing. As this I was taking place, i was so confused, what did i say wrong. Suddenly, i saw my dad emerge from his room to the parlour. By then, Uncle Uche had already stood up. My dad began to apologize. “Uche, I never knew it was you. I thought it was one man that has been disturbing me for money. Please sit down, what can we offer you?” What I do now?

SHARE THIS POST   

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati

0 comments: